The Liquor Barn in Hamburg is hosting a bourbon lottery for some rare bourbons. When is the lottery? How do you participate?
Beginning at 7:30 am on Saturday, November 9, wristbands will be given out to the first 1,000 people in line to be ENTERED into the lottery. A wristband does NOT guarantee a bottle.
The drawing includes:
- Eagle Rare 17 year-old
- This rare bourbon ages in oak barrels for nearly two decades and is only available in small quantities once a year, every fall. Sip this polished, well-aged whiskey to appreciate why patience is such a virtue.
- George T. Stagg
- This extremely hearty whiskey ages in new charred oak barrels for no less than 15 years. Straight out of the barrel, uncut, and unfiltered, the taste is powerful, flavorful, and intense. Open it up with a few drops of water, sit back and ponder the wonders of the universe.
- Sazerac Rye 18 Year-Old
- The famed Sazerac Coffee House was founded in 1850 on Exchange Alley in New Orleans, Louisiana and soon gained fame as the home of “America’s First Cocktail” known as the Sazerac. Using rye whiskey in place of the French brandy, a dash of Peychaud Bitters, and Herbsaint, what eventually became the official cocktail of New Orleans was created. This straight rye has a mellow spice and dry sweetness that dances on the tongue, giving pure delight that is worthy of the Sazerac name.
- Thomas H. Handy Sazerac
- Named after the New Orleans bartender who first used rye whiskey in the Sazerac Cocktail, this uncut and unfiltered Straight Rye Whiskey is bottled directly from the barrel, just as it was over a century ago. Full of rich flavors, this authentic American rye whiskey is a symbol of the timeless history of New Orleans and the legacy of Thomas H. Handy.
- William Larue Weller
- Uncut and unfiltered, this hand-bottled bourbon is barrel proof. Weller substitutes wheat for the traditional rye grain, a production method pioneered by W.L. Weller.
Limit one wristband per person and limit one bottle per winner.
For more Lexington, KY, Hamburg area news, subscribe to the Hamburg Journal digital newsletter.
To advertise in Hamburg Journal, call 859.268.0945