Lexington’s next free (non-hazardous) Household Waste disposal event will be held Saturday, July 18th 2015 from 6 a. m. to 1 p.m. at the Bluegrass Regional Transfer Station located at 1505 Old Frankfort Pike. Fayette County residents may drop off up to one pickup truck load of bagged household waste and up to four off-the-rim tires for free at this event.
Please note that this is for non-hazardous household waste only and does not include hazardous materials such as pesticides, motor oil or paint. Residents may take latex paint to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore at 451 Southland Drive.
Residents are asked to contact the ReStore at (859) 252-2224 prior to taking paint there.
Appliances will also not be accepted at the event.
Appliances may be taken to Environmental Recycling, Inc. at 3899 Winchester Road.
Electronic devices, such as computers, printers, cell phones, microwave ovens and televisions may be taken to the Electronics Recycling Facility at 1306 Versailles Road.
The guidelines for the free disposal day are:
· Participants must present a valid Fayette County drivers’ license;
· All loads must be level with the bed of the truck;
· All loads must be covered by a tarp;
· Only household waste will be accepted;
· No more than four tires will be accepted and tires must be off the rim;
· No tire rims will be accepted;
· No appliances will be accepted;
· No commercial vehicles allowed;
· No hazardous materials or free-flowing liquids.
The city offers free disposal days four times a year: January, April, July and October